Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Dark Era 10

Well, it was worth a shot right? Mrs. Tillman didn't say I could try again, did she? I searched my memory, no, I didn't remember her saying anything like that. 'I need to go to the flower patch, and draw. Maybe I'll be able to get enough sketches for a short portfolio.' I thought to myself. I picked up my sketch book and a folder, and headed out.

Once I'd reached the gate to the park I started having second thoughts. 'Maybe Mrs. Tillman won't like them. Maybe I'm just getting my hopes up again.' I walked through the gate anyway, and sat down at the bench, at the flower patch. I started sketching, and occasionally looked up at the flower patch, just to reassure myself that I wasn't floating into my own reality.

When I'd been there for about 3 hours I looked through the 5 sketches I'd finished. The first one was of me and Him -I couldn't call Him Jesus, it still freaked me out a bit- looking at each other. He seemed to be talking to me, and I was just looking at Him, completly spellbound, hanging onto every work He said.
The second was interesting: I was standing in the middle of the flower patch, and there was a butterfly flying round my head. I was watching it with a peaceful expression, in a total natural pose; my hands in my jeans pockets.
The third was odd: The garden patch looked dead, yet there was one flower right in the middle blooming and just said life through the death.
The fourth: There was a little kid standing over a candle. With a hand on his shoulder, he looked completly contented.
The fifth: There was a sunset, yet something seemed sad about it. And you could see a back-veiw of a cross. And there was a little girl kneeling by it, looking up at it.

I stuck them in the file, along with all the other sketched I'd drawn. 'These will get me into the art competition, I know it' I reassured myself. But Mrs. Tillman was the only one who could assure of that.

Labels: