Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Photos

I was just thinking back on this month and last year. I've noticed somthing very repetitive: I'm camera-shy.

I guess I've grown up in a culture where people turn away from the camera. Also, I -basically all the time- look awful in photos. Maybe it's not that I look awful, it's just not that I'm not used to looking at myself. I mean, when was the last time you spent half your time infront of the mirror (a)blowing kisses at yourself (b)trying to fix you hair, checking your lipgloss or just looking in the mirror to diss your looks??? (b)? I thought so. And people who do (a), you really need counselling...

Or, the emo version of why I don't like photos is that: It does't show soul. I mean, when you smile and look at the camera does it show how you are with your friends? Does it tell you how much you love you mom and dad? No, you just see a picture of a person smiling at the camera. You just see a mask. True, you can see through the picture that that person is nice looking, cool or likes to smile. But it doesn't really SHOW the real person.

Amberlie-J
How 'bout turning your head TOWARDS the camera when it's pointed at you? I'll TRY, TRY mind you...

Labels: