Thursday, February 5, 2009

Dark Era 9

Katie looked intently at me, waiting for me to say something. There were millions of things floating through my mind, I was getting lost in my own thoughts.

I shook out of my fogginess, and said to Katie, 'Um...right. Maybe you should go now.' 'What?' Katie asked, 'You don't have anything to say?' 'I don't have anything to say cause I can't choose what to say.' I replied quietly. 'Ok. I understand this is a lot to take at once, maybe you need to think it over.' She said it almost like she was hopeful. 'Yea. I need to think about this.' I said, almost whispering. Katie nodded and headed for the door. But before she left she said, 'Faith...' she wanted to say something big. I could tell by her expression, but she just let out a breath and said, 'Call me if you need anything ok?' I nodded and she walked out.

I just sat down -hard- into my chair. I wanted to draw, go back to the garden patch, but why? I was almost scared about what I would draw. 'Get a hold of yourself!' I screamed in my head. 'What can I do?'I thought to myself. 'I cannot draw, who knows what wil turn up on the paper next?' I let my eyes go round my room, and my eyes fell on my desk. 'Ok. Homework. Perfect, no drawing needed in homework.' I sat sat at my desk, but my hand didn't wanna write. It started drawing, right on my english paper! I immediatly pulled my hand and shook my hand thinking, 'It's just stress. That's all. Chill.' I could write again after that. No problems for the rest of my homework. But, what was that? My hand had just started by itself.

'Fine. Fine I'll draw. Or else who knows when I'll suddenly loose control of my hand again?' I picked up my sketch pad, and just started. The finished piece was a horizen, and there was a cross. You could only see the back, and there was someone kneeling at it. I looked closer. It was me! I nearly fell out of my chair. 'Ok. This is getting weird. But, it's a great picture. One of the best ones I've ever done.' I flipped back to all the other pictures of the flower patch, then to all the other ones. All the ones at the garden patch were better than any of my older drawings! I could see what Mrs. Tillman meant by inexperienced. She didn't mean inexperienced, she meant depth of soul! There was no feeling or emotion in any of my other drawings. Maybe I could go back? Maybe I finally get into the art competition! But, would Mrs. Tillman like them???

Labels: