Thursday, November 6, 2008

Dark Era 8

I didn't answer Katie's questions, because I didn't know the answers. How did I know what to draw? How did I get almost everything about 'him' absolutly right? Well, it wasn't exactly the same, but just at a glance at the first picture you could tell it was the same guy. I kept flipping through the picture, always focusing on the guy.

I was getting to the last of the 5 pictures, and I gasped when I saw it. There was a backview of a cross, and you could tell everyone around it was crying. 'Is it the guy on that cross?', I thought. I turned to Katie, who had been looking over shoulder and asked, "Who is that guy? What's 'his' name?"

After a few seconds of silence I asked my last question, "That's 'him' on the cross right?" Katie nodded, her eyes still glued to the picture. "Katie? Say something! Why?", I was feeling scared, and I didn't know why. "Well, the guy you've been drawing is Jesus. And...yea, He's the man on the cross." Katie said. Then after taking one last look at the picture, she closed the Book. "Yea, Faith. He died,He died for us, and He's in Heaven now." "So He died? And that's it? That's all? I've been drawing some dead guy?" I didn't get it. Katie laughed and explained, "No, I mean, yes. Yes, He died. But during His life He'd helped a lot of people, and, well...maybe I should start from the beginning."

When Katie had finished telling me the story of Jesus I just sat there stunned. He died, for my sins. And He wanted to give me the chance to accept His offer of love, joy and faith. What could I say to that? I didn't deserve it, that's for sure. How could I accept something that I didn't deserve? Wait, and did I really believe He died rose up from the grave, and is in Heaven? What was I supposed to say????

Labels: