Friday, October 24, 2008

Dark Era 7

Katie looked totally shocked for a few minutes. I stared intently at her, and when finally she opened her mouth she said, "Yea, I know this guy. Pretty well actually."
I kinda wanted to jiggle her around to shake her out of her trance and to tell me who it was. Instead I took a lock of her hair and gently tugged it.

She looked at me again -still shocked- and licked her lips. She said, "Well, remember how I've tried inviting you to church before?" I didn't see the connection and just shrugged. She picked up her bag and started rummaging through her bag. She pulled out a book, a thick one with a leather cover. She slowly flipped through and showed me a picture and held it up to the sketch book. I stared at it. The guy in the picture was the same guy! He was facing a big bunch of people, and seemed to be talking. Katie said, "Oh, Faith. How did you know how to draw Him? Since you've never seen my Bible before?" I just took hold of the Bible and my sketch book.

How did I know? And, why was He in Katie's Bible?

Labels: