Thursday, November 18, 2010

Dear....You

Okok. I'm not dead ok. I'll update what has happened since my last post.

Youth camp. Which resuleted in a 3 hour nap after church. haha. I just fell asleep and my mom woke me up 3 hours later!!! haha! On with the story, youth camp was really fun.
The first day we just had dinner and played Capture the Flag. OHMYGOSH, it was soooooooo cold. I nearly died. My whole body was shaking if I wasn't running and moving constantly. Haha, I was acting all macho when Maisa offered me her jacket multiple times. She's Finnish, and obviously Finnish people never get cold. "Honestly", she said, "it's only 30 degrees, it's not that bad. You can borrow my coat." Me: 0.0 "No thanks, you'll get cold." I finally caved when Carissa offered me her sweatshirt. It was 12:00+am and I was cold.
During Capture the Flag, I swear the guys had a major advantage. They had more people, I'm quite sure, and they also had one guy with a camoflouge outfit. THAT was a definite advantage. It was just too awesome to not let him use it though, haha. In the end, it was a tie. Girls-1, Guys-1. The last round no one really was bothering anymore, besides the hardcore competitive people.

Second day- We woke up, had breakfast, quiet time, etc. Normal camp stuff. You know. Well, I kinda got inspired to write a poem, which I feel, has become more common. I guess I could put it up, but its not good. Warning you now. Here it is:

Sunlight fades,
Say, do you fear?
God is present, yes, He's here.
He keeps you safe,
And keeps you warm,
He, the One that calmed the storm.

So do not fear,
Sweet child of God,
He, the Shepherd, holds His rod.
He watches you,
keeps you from harm,
No need, dear child, need not alarm.

He'll guide you,
Show you,
Light the way.
He, the One as bright as day.

He'll wait for you,
And hug you tight,
No need, dear child, fear the night.

I realized, just a little while before I wrote this, I was talking to some of the girls about playing games in the dark. "It's not the dark [night] that scares me" ,I said, "It's what is in the dark that frightens me." Uncertainty, danger, and nothingness. Everyone, I believe is scared of that to some extent.

Third day- Woke up. Went to church. Nearly slept during service. Went home. Struggled to stay awake during a movie. Then went to bed and slept for 3 hours+ straight. That was the best sleep I've had in a long time.

Currently, I'm working on my Christmas recital. Shepherdesses(?) are apparently very rich, with gold trimmings on their clothes. Haha, we're shepherdesses for the play.

Thanksgiving is coming up. Then Cristmas. Then NEW YEAR. Then CHINESE NEW YEAR. Can you believe it's NOVEMBER ALREADY? After 2006 the years go by in fast-forward. We just can't breathe, it's all moving so fast. Man.

Side note- My blog name is 'The Mailbox' simply because these are things I wouldn't ever talk about in person. Probably cause I'd bore people to tears. Writing is so much easier than talking. You just write, and if someone reads it, it's almost like you've written them a letter. Take my posts as a personal letter to you. They are :)

Love,
Ambi