Wednesday, May 6, 2009

I'm back!

Hey people! I'm ba-ack! The trip was so fun! It was cool, like outta this world! Here's what happened:

Day 1-Went on the plane. Went on the high speed train. When it comes you feel this HUGE gust of wind. The inside was nice, and I basically stoned most of the trip, cause it was so late.

Then, afterwards, we got out. We met Mr & Mrs. Park. They had the Doulos van -one of eight- and we headed to the ship. They have 2 kids: Ji Yoon & Enchel. Ji Yoon and Zoe get along real well, so did Reagan and Enchel.

Day 2- We went on a tour of the ship, like MEGA COOL! The engine room is loud, and they only had 1 generator on! Imagine all EIGHT running! The engineers have to wear ear plugs all the time!

Day 3- We went sailing. From Ghao xiong to Hua lien, and man was it rough! As soon as we crossed the tip of the island, the whole ship was tossing INSANELY!! I was on the top bunk, and because I had gotten dizzy I went to lie down. I was holding onto this wooden thing for dear life. LOL!

Day 4- We arrived at Hua Lien, and we went onto the ship. As we were coming in, this fireboat came to guide us in! It was spraying water and everything! Then there were these traditional dancers on the keyside, and we watched them as we came in.

Day 5- Official Opening of the Doulos. Me & Reagan joined the school for art class.

Day 6- Open Day! With exhibits, games and more cool exhibits! LOL! I was awestruck by this one guy. He was showing us some of the stuff the Deckies (people who work on the deck) use and he was a Deckie himself. (TAKE NOTE OF THAT) He picked up this big, metal link and held it like it was nothing. He told us it was one of the links for the anchor, an old one that had rusted so had to be replaced. He let mom try to hold and she staggered, luckily the guy grabbed it before she dropped it! Then he saw me staring and let me try. He was still holding it...and I slowly sank to my knees from the weight. He took it back before I fell. PHEW!

Day 7- Went with Isabella to Salt Co. a kids group. They play games and stuff. Yelling, screaming & laughing was heard through out the whole ship (jkjk).

Day 8- Went to the Toroko Gorge with the Park family. Really cool! We went hiking, then we went and drove around. It was soooooooooooo B-E-A-UTIFUL!!!!

Day 9- We left. Ending out trip on the Duolos.

Fun, exciting, scary...btw, Eunchel, if you read this. THAT WAS SO NOT FUNNY WITH THE SCARING THING! SO NOT!!!!!!!!!

Amberlie-J