Thursday, July 17, 2008

Dark Era 3

As I walked down the hall I just thought, 'What's the point of my life if I don't do art?' I stopped in my tracks and stood there. Everybody walked around me, not noticing that I was in deep thought...My thoughts raced through my mind and I just stood there, not knowing what to do. I started walking again, I headed for my locker and picked up my sketch book.

Walking for the school doors I realised I was gonna get in trouble, but I didn't care. As I headed for the park, I heard this little voice go, 'Why? Why even try? You're just another wannabe artist...' I still walked ahead not stopping, I couldn't let myself give up. Another thought passed through my mind, 'Give up on what? What do you have to give up?' I let myself slow-down and walked through the park gate. I went to the most deserted spot in the whole park and sat on a bench. I started drawing, sometimes looking up. I just let myself draw. I wasn't actually paying attention, I was just letting myself go.

I looked at my sketch book after I felt my hand stop, and felt my heart jump. I saw the section of the park I was in, it was exactly the same except there was a man standing in the middle. I looked around, thinking I'd drawn this sub-consiously.

I realised that even if I had drawn in sub-conciously that guy would have had to crouch in that position for about 2 hours. I checked my watch, yes that was right, I had been here for about 2 hours. I thought, 'Who is that?'

Looking closer at the page I saw that that man was looking at me. Not that he was there in-front of me but he seemed to be looking where I was sitting, which was right in front of the little flower patch. I looked carefully at his face trying to figure out who he was, and in his eyes were love and peace. 'Like Katie's.' I thought. He was in this perfect natural pose, he was crouching in-between to of the flower beds. He was gently stroking a flower's petals, yet he was gazing at me. Looking peaceful and seemed to want to tell me something.

Why did I draw that? Who was he?

Labels: