Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Nubian Gents

I can't wait for the Nubian Gents they sound soooo cool. I'm just nervous about asking my muslim friend over...Her mom always says no when ever I ask her to come to a church event. I'm praying really hard that her mom will say yes. I said that her family can come too because -if you can't beat 'em join 'em right?- I think that they'll like it too. If only she can come then that already cool. I mean, after like 2 years of asking her mom says yes? That'll rock!!

I wrote the post card invitation and I'm gonna give it to her. I told her if her mom has any questions she can ask my mom. I think her mom will be happy I respect adult authourity. I keep telling her that church is not a place to be scared of, she thinks that we suck out their brains and turn then into mindless zombies or something. I told her it's nothing serious, just some kids (ok, fine, a lot of kids) that get together to hang out. We have a lot of fun, worship rox and the pastor is usually able to keep you from catching zzzzzs in the service.

When she heard my phone ring tone and asked what song was that. I told her is was J.E.S.U.S and she said, "It's a christian song?" I was like duh. She was so suprised I realised a lot of people have the wrong out-looks on Christiananity. They think we're all goody-two-shoes and listen to songs like Jesus Loves Me our whole life. XD

I asked her what she thought Christian music was, and she said the only song she knew was Amazing Grace...I practically burst out laughing that she thought I stood in church singing Amazing Grace all the time!!! I let her hear some Youth Alive songs and Hillsongs and stuff, she was really shocked that we actually listen to rock, contemporary and this century stuff. I just wondered why she never heard my listening to Youth Alive songs.....

Because I was worried about asking her to the Nubian Gents God gave me this verse, "Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season: correct, rebuke and encourage- with great patience and careful instruction." 2 Timothy 4:2 I hope that helps all you readers wanting to invite friends to church!! Just trust in God!! As PJ said last week, "Trust in God, not the event."

L8r!!!