Thursday, June 19, 2008

Dark Era 1

I masked my pain with a fake smile. She smiled back at me not knowing she'd just broken my heart. She said, "Don't worry, your art is just a little...inexperienced. I nodded and choked back tears until I'd closed the door. I felt like Mrs. Tillman had just stabbed my heart instead of just looked at my portfolio. I looked up when I heard foot-steps, thank goodness it was just Katie. She noticed my tears and asked, "Faith, are you ok?" I shook my head thinking what kind of stupid question that was -I barely ever cry-. She saw my portfolio and plucked it out of my hands. After she'd flicked through the first few sketches she closed it and started staring at me. I looked questioningly back at her and slowly her story came out. "I went to out music teacher and asked if I could audition for the finals she...rejected me." I knew Katie was just trying to cheer me up. Her eye-brows always twitched when she lied. I asked, "You're kidding right? I mean your eye-brows are twitching and everything." She gave me such an upset look I knew she wasn't joking.

I'm Faith Kingsmon, I'm 16 with brown hair, brown eyes and dark skin. What just happened was the end of my life and the begginning of a new one... The bell rang and we quickly wiped out eyes and walked to our lockers. I decided right there and then at my locker I was a horrible artist, should never pick up a sketch-book again and I should give up art. But my art was my life, and my life was my art......How could I give up life?

Labels: