Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Dark Era 15

The weekend seemed like 2 years instead of 2 days. Me & Katie past the time hanging out, talking and doing homework of course. Katie asked if I'd like to go to the youth group again. I thought, 'Well, who'd it hurt?' Even though Noah sometimes made me uncomfortable I guess it would be fine.

I couldn't really pay attention to youth service, even though Katie kept nudging me whenever I spaced out. "And Faith," the pastor said. I jumped slightly, shocked. "Is not immediate. Faith needs to be grown, for some it will grow at a staggering rate, while for other it might not grow at all. There needs to be hope for faith, and love for faith. Hardship makes faith grow too, but you need to seek God for the answer, instead just looking at the problem" 'Faith.' I thought to myself. 'Is not immediate, it need hope and love...and...hardship?' I thought.

After youth group Katie's mom came to pick us up. While we headed to my house Katie's mom asked, "So, Faith, how you feeling? Nervous?" "Yea...I guess there's lots of things to think about. Whether I win or loose." I said quietly. She drove into my driveway, "Well, it's alright, everyone gets that way." I stepped out of the car, and was about to close the door when Katie's mom called out, "We'll be praying for you!" I stepped back, closed the door, and watched the car drive away.

'Praying? For me?' I wondered, 'What does THAT mean?' There was kid in our class, and she always said she'd pray for people, and everyone thought she was weird. She wasn't normal, not like Katie was, I'd talked to her once or twice. She was part-Catholic, she'd told me, (meaning she didn't exactly go to church, but she believed in God) and prayer does work, she'd also said. She relied on it better than she relied on her own hands she'd said. 'Prayer...' I wondered, 'Will that help any? Will it make the judges think my paintings are better than anyone elses'? Would make them think I deserved to go to the art classes? The ones I could never, ever afford without this prize? Maybe?

Labels: